In conjunction with its Annual Board Meetings in Santiago, Friends offers symposiums in which Directors and guest experts discuss a variety of current topics. These symposia are open to students of the Catholic University and to the general public.
The topics have included:
– The Image of Chile Abroad;
– Current Topics in Viniculture;
– Comparative U.S. and Chilean Securities Laws on Insider Trading;
– The Global Recession and Its Implications for Chile;
– The EU’s Common Policy on Ocean Management. a presentation by special guest John Richardson, Head of the EU Office of Ocean Management;
– Ethical Considerations in the Practice of Law – Chilean and U.S. Practices;
– Guarantying Security in Civil Society;
– The Improvement of the Chilean Educational System; and
– The Structure of Urban Real Estate Development.